How to convert VCD file to WMV MKV ASF AVI DIVX
VCD (CD disk) is the full name of Video-CD, It is a new technology into practical in the second half of 1993, Also known as Video CD disc. VCD is the product based MPEG-1 compression technology which was adopted as the standardization by ISO International Organization in 1991.
The following software has the ability to convert your VCD files (always with the extension *.dat or *.mpg stored in vcd disk) to AVI, ASF, DIVX, WMV or MKV.
About VCD Converter
DigitByte VCD Converter can convert VCD to AVI WMV DIVX MKV easily. After you insert a VCD or SVCD into the CD/DVD drive, click the Open button, it will search video files on VCD or SVCD automatically. Then you may adjust the sequence of the segments, or join them to AVI/WMV/DIVX/MKV.
Buy Now (PayPal) – 100% secure! ($ 29.99)
- If the program get the error message “Failed to load wmvcore.dll” when it is launching, please install Windows Media Format Runtime.
- If the output video format is AVI, DivX Codec is recommended as the video compressor.
- If the output video format is MKV, Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP) is needed:
- If the output video format is ASF, ASF Multiplexer is needed:
- The appropriate video or audio decoder such as: The latest Windows Media Player for wmv, asf decoder. A DVD player such WinDVD player or PowerDVD player for VCD1.1, 2.0, SVCD decoder.
- Windows XP/2003/VISTA/7/8
- Please install a DVD player such as PowerDVD or WinDVD Player for VCD1.1, VCD2.0 decoder.
- DirectX 9.0 or higher