Windows 8 Codecs – play MKV/FLV/RMVB and other popular video and audio format files directly on Win8 O.S.
Windows 8 is Microsoft’s latest operating system, but due to copyright issues, it still can not support all video and audio formats. For example, high-definition movies MKV, Flv, RMVB or lossless audio formats APE, FLAC, if you want to play these video files, you must need to install a third-party video / audio player for the job.
If you have installed the famous K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, you can let your Windows Media Player and multimedia center become into a universal format player, but also support the subtitles! Also Open Video Converter, Audio/Video To WAV Converter, Open Video Joiner could can be become into universal video converter, universal Audio interceptor as well as universal video combiner
Today we introduce another a similar function video/audio codec pack “Windows 8 Codecs”, it also allows your system support a variety of formats of audio and video files perfectly, it also completely free of charge.
- Full color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s
(also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often – and has update notification builtin
- Allow use of the PDVD12 decoders for 32bit LiveTV
- Supports the use of Xbox360 as Extenders to playback MKV files
- Allows singleclick setup of Bitstreamed Audio
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Funtionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using rightclick on all files such as MKV.