Open Video Capture is a powerful webcam capture or webcam recorder which can capture/record video from webcam, below is the details of how to use it.
Before capture/record webcam, please ensure you have installed the webcam device and the device driver properly.
1. On the File menu, click Set Capture Video File, set an output avi file name.
2. On the Devices menu, select the video and audio capture devices. The program will select a video device and an audio device automatically after it launches. Normally the sound card is the default audio capture device. Select web cam as video recorder.
3. On the Options menu, click Set Compressor.
DivX Codec is recommended the Video compressor. After select DivX codec as the video compressor, click the Settings button, configure the encoding Bitrate to control the output video quality and file size. The Bitrate is bigger, the file size is bigger, the video quality is clearer. You can disable the feedback window of DivX in the advanced settings.
MPEG Layer-3 (Windows built-in MP3 encoder, 64 bkps) is the default the audio compressor. Microsoft ADPCM is also recommended.
Some video and audio compressors may not work properly. For example, if you install and select XviD codec (version 2004.12), only shut down the feedback window of XviD when recording, the webcam recorder/capture will stop recording properly.
4. On the Options menu, click Audio Capture Filter. The dialog’s parameters depend on your audio capture device.
The different audio capture device and connection might have different Pin Line requirement.
If the video capture is webcam, the audio capture is sound card, you use the microphone to record your sound, please select Microphone in Pin Line, then check Enable, adjust Pin Line Input Mix volume control if needed.
5. On the Capture menu, click Start Capture to start capturing video. Click Stop Capture to stop capturing video.
The Options menu:
On the Options menu, click Video Capture Filter. You might adjust Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, Sharpness, Backlight, Exposure, etc. The dialog’s parameters depend on your webcam device.
On the Options menu, click Video Capture Pin. You might adjust Output Size, Color Space, Frame Rate, etc. The dialog’s parameters depend on your webcam device.
On the Options menu, click Set Frame Rate. You might set the output avi frame rate if needed.
On the Options menu, click Set Time Limit. You might set the capture time limit if needed.