Users rating - 8.3
Editor rating - 9.1
Split a large AVI file with high quality and speed
AVI Splitter is a useful tool that can split avi into multiple files, it is extremely fast speed of split files, and the splitted file is no loss of quality
It is an easy-to-use tool to split AVI file into smaller ones. Because the program does not recompress the avi files, the audio and video of the output avi file do not have any quality loss. And the conversion speed is extremely fast. AVI Splitter does not support DML AVI files.
- Price: $ 19.99
- Current Version: 1.12
- Platform: Microsoft Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/VISTA/7/8
- Previous version: AVI Splitter v1.1
- Previous version: AVI Splitter v1.0
- Previous version: AVI Splitter v1.0t
- 16MB of memory
- 2G free space of hard disk
CNET Editor’s review:
Enormous video files can be be a hassle to use, even with the fastest computers. AVI Splitter is a simple tool for splitting avi into multiple files for easy handling. The software is very basic, simply prompting a user to locate a file, and asking how many pieces it should be split into. It does display how long each segment will be as a result of the split. If you’re looking solely for the ability to split AVI files, rather than edit or transform the video in any way, this may be the software for you.
How to split avi into multiple files:
1. Download AVI Splitter, install it on your computer, then run the program.
2. Clicking “Open AVI” , select an AVI file on your computer.
3. Select the split mode:
- If you want to split the AVI file into 2 segments, choose the item, drag the slide bar, the output size will change.
- If you want to split AVI file into more than 2 segments equally, change the split number. For example: if the number is 4, the splitter will cut AVI file into 4 clips.
4. Enter the output directory, or use the “Browse” button to select a folder.
5. Press the “Start” button to begin Splitting avi.
Hints: The program may not cut file size precisely. The reason is that it does not decode and encode avi file. So it can not determine the exact trimmed file size. If you want to split the avi file precisely by time, Open Video Converter can do it. But the conversion speed is slower than Avi Splitter because it recompresses the avi file.