MKV To AVI With Subtitle can convert mkv with subtitle to avi wmv file. It can recompress mkv file to avi with flexible video compressor and audio compressor, multiplex or mux mkv and its subtitle together, select audio stream or track in the mkv file. MKV to AVI with Subtitle can convert other video formats MPEG, MPG, ASF, WMV, VCD, DAT to avi file also. It is necessary to install the Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP) so that the converter can work. If the codec is installed, the program also can convert OGM MP4 M4V MPEG4 to AVI format with high speed and quality with subtitle.
- Price: $ 29.99
- Version 2.0 (previous version 1.0)
- O.S.: Win 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/VISTA/7/8
How to use?
1. Click the Open Video button, select an mkv file.
2. Click the Options button to configure the output options.
3. Click the Convert button to output video file.
How to convert mkv with subtitle to avi or wmv?
Before you launch the program, recommend to install the Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP) if you want to convert mkv to avi and with subtitle both.
Options dialogbox is used to select the options of the output clip.
1. If you just want to convert mkv to avi without subtitle. You may select Video compressor and Audio compressor such as DivX XviD codec as you need. (Some Video compressors and Audio compressors do not work).
If you want to convert MKV to avi file with its subtitle, you must install MKV codec pack before you launch the program. Select the Video compressor with “ffdshow video encoder”. The another name “ffdshow Video Codec” may not work.
2. Most audio compressors may not work well. Even they make the program crash. MKV to AVI with Subtitle sets Microsoft ADPCM as the default audio compressor.
If you want to view the converted avi file on the DVD/DIVX player or portable devices, you may try MPEG Layer-3 as Audio compressor. But the MP3 encoder bundled in Windows was made in 1997, 56kbps, and not stable. If your computer has installed Fraunhofer Radium MP3 codec, the conversion mkv to avi will work perfectly. But Fraunhofer does not retail the compressor.
3. Some video compressors have not the settings dialog box. After you select “ffdshow video encoder”, clicking the Settings button does not work. You may select the Windows menu Start->Programs->Combined Community Codec Pack->Filters->FFDShow VFW Codec Configuration->FFDShow VFW Codec Configuration. Or select “ffdshow Video Codec”, click the settings button, configure its settings, and then select “ffdshow video encoder” again.
The default encoder is MPEG-4, XVID, you may change FOURCC to DIVX, or DX50.
After we tested XVID or DIVX in ffdshow, the 2 codecs support subtitle conversion well. You may try other encoders, they may not support subtitle conversion. There are errors after clicking the Convert button if the encoder does not support the subtitle conversion. (Error1, Error2)
4. If you want to change the size of output file, Please set Bitrate (kbps) in the ffdshow video encoder configuration dialogbox. The Encoding bitrate is bigger, the picture is clearer, but the output file is bigger.
Right-click the Haali Media Splitter icon, you may change an audio stream or subtitle:
Right-click the DirectVobSub icon, you may change an audio stream or subtitle, or configure audio/video decoder, or DirectVobSub filter settings.
6. If your MKV file has subtitle, and you want to convert mkv to avi without subtitles, you can disable the function auto-loading in vsfilter. Select Start->Programs->Combined Community Codec Pack -> VSFilter Configuration-> General -> Loading -> Do not load. The default is Load when needed. (Properties 1 and properties 2)
Then launch MKV To AVIWith Subtitle to convert the video files.
If you want to playback the video file with subtitle, restore the default “Load when needed”.
7. At last, click the Convert button to start conversion. When converting mkv to avi, please do not change audio stream or subtitle.
To learn the full article, you can read convert mkv without loss subtitle