How to recover deleted photos with the Spirit for MAC
The ease of use and speed make a Spirit of the best tools to run the jailbreak on our iPhone. Unfortunately, the first release of the tool had some imperfection, and has created some problems for users, one of the most important is certainly the cancellation of the photos within the roll (a problem that was solved with the new version released today by Spirit). If you performed the Jailbreak with the first version of the tool and you ran into this hiccup, then we suggest this simple guide for Mac, created by the youths Help iPhone, which will help you restore your photos.
Necessary software you might consider:
1) OpenSSH installed on the iPhone, available for download from Cydia;
2) iPhone Backup Extractor (a program for Mac that you can download from here)
3) A SSH client to access the root of the iPhone, you should CyberDuck;
Of course, to recover photos you must be at least a backup with iTunes, a procedure that is done automatically when you connect your iPhone to your computer.
How to use – step by step:
1) First, download the iPhone Backup Extractor and start it;
2) Click on “Read Backups” and select the most recent backup that you performed prior to initiating the procedure Jailbreak with Spirit;
3) Once you have selected the file, click on “Choose” and select the last line of “iPhone OS Files”;
4) Now click on “Extract” and choose which folder you want to make the extraction of backup;
5) After you click “Choose” we have to wait a few minutes for the program to extract all the files needed: it may seem that blocks, but in reality he is only doing his duty;
6) Once the transaction is complete, will meet at the location previously indicated a folder called “iPhone OS Files”. Opening it will find it in another folder called / Media / DCIM / which is the one where there are all the photos from the iPhone;
7) Now we enable the SSH on the iPhone and launch CyberDuck located in the directory / User / Media /;
8) Finally, just drag the folder / Media / DCIM in the directory / User / Media / iPhone (again using CyberDuck) and confirm when you will be prompted to overwrite the same;
As soon as CyberDuck has completed the process, all the pictures from the iPhone becomes available within the film.