How to stop Windows 10 from updating automatically
If you’re open to the idea of using Windows 10 but don’t want to take the leap yet, you’ll need to change a setting in Windows Update to prevent the upgrade from happening automatically.
If you are a user of Windows 7 or 8.1 and wanna stop Windows 10 from updating automatically, Please follow below steps:
- press the Windows key and type “Windows update” (without the quotes).
- Click that option in the search results.
- If it’s not in your results, type “control panel” to open the Control Panel, which contains the Windows Update tool.
- Open the tool and click the Change Settings link in the left-hand pane.
- Then uncheck the box next to “Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates.
- Click the OK button at lower right to save your changes and close the window.