Sometimes, because of your improper operation, or not know what the reason, your theme Homepage presents a blank page, no any error message for your reference.
This is a very difficult problem, because they do not know how to start.
Recently, I encountered these problems, the specific situation is:
Home is a blank page, but other pages or post/categories are Ok. and I can access my WP Dashboard. Cause such a problem are the following:
- plugin not incompatibility WORDPRESS version
- theme PHP code
But if your homepage is normal before , the most likely reason is that the plugin problem. below is the steps that how I solved the problem of my homepage appearing blank or white screen.
1. Find the problem plugin and how to find
First check wp-config.php if you have any blank space before “<?php” code, if there is none then try and add this code in next line:
error_reporting(E_ALL); ini_set(‘display_errors’, 1);
In addition, add the following code above /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ :
define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true);
Refresh the Dashboard -> Plugins page at your WordPress backend to check what error you get.
At last, do not forget to remove the above two code lines in your wp-config.php, and upload it again to your server via FTP tool.
2. According above method, I find the problem is WP Super Cache plugin.
3. how to completely remove WP Super Cache plugin manually
- Turn off caching on the plugin settings page and clear the cache.
- Deactivate the plugin on the plugins page.
- Remove the WP_CACHE define from wp-config.php. It looks like `define( ‘WP_CACHE’, true );`and the relevant code
- Remove the Super Cache mod_rewrite rules from your .htaccess file.
- Remove the files wp-content/advanced-cache.php and wp-content/wp-cache-config.php
- Remove the directory wp-content/cache/
- Remove the directory wp-super-cache from your plugins directory.
== If all else fails and your site is broken ==
1. Remove the WP_CACHE define from wp-config.php. It looks like `define( ‘WP_CACHE’, true );`
2. Remove the rules (see above) that the plugin wrote to the .htaccess file in your root directory.
3. Delete the wp-super-cache folder in the plugins folder.
4. Optionally delete advanced-cache.php, wp-cache-config.php and the cache folder in wp-content/.
Note: please do not uninstall the plugin from your wordpress dashboard, you should use above way. because: almost all you have to do is deactivate the plugin on the plugins page. The plugin should clean up most of the files it created and modified, but it doesn’t as yet remove the mod_rewrite rules from the .htaccess file. Look for the section in that file marked by SuperCache BEGIN and END tags. The plugin doesn’t remove those because some people add the WordPress rules in that block too.
4. re-install or update again your theme from wordpress dashboard.
- Download the zipped theme pack to your local computer. (if it is not zip format, you should use the third-partner tools such as WinRAR WinZip to compress your theme into Zip format)
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and activate another theme such as the default WordPress theme. note: your homepage should come back at this time
- Delete your theme which is now not active.
- Go to Install Themes > Upload then install and re-activate your theme from the zip package.
Until now, my homepage works well again. If the method in this paper can help you, please do not forget to give me a RATING